2017 Big Sky Pride Parade Form
Parade Line up: June 17th 2017, 10:00 am, with staging at Third Avenue North between North 22nd Street and North 27th Street.
Parade Starting time: 6/17/17 11:00 am
Parade Route: Route of travel shall commence from the staging area and travel west on Third Avenue North to North 32nd Street; then travel south on North 32nd Street to Second Avenue North; then travel east on Second Avenue North to North 26th Street, ending at the Federal Courthouse Steps for the rally.
Please fill out this form if your group is planning on being in the parade. Individuals can register, but unless you have a float or want to drive, you don't need to register.
Registration for the parade is $50 for all groups and organizations. Please pay for your group registration in the store, and a receipt will be emailed to you. If you need to send a check please contact us for the address.. Please review the rules and regulations, listed below. By registering your group you agree to abide by the rules and regulations below.
Rules and Regulations:
- Big Sky Pride requests that each Group / Organization have one person designated as the “parade representative”. They are responsible with working with the Parade Committee on their group’s setup and controlling the flow of their group. The parade representative shall check in at the Parade Setup Volunteers to get spot assignments at the time of the parade.
- Signs / Banners / Logos: Signs / Entries of a group can use signs and logos as they please, however we ask that the Signs / Banners / Logos be respectful. Please no messages of Hate or Shame towards peoples of different views. We reserve the right to remove any signs we find offensive, so please use your best judgement.
- Small pets such as Dogs and Cats are permitted in the parade. No large animals will be allowed (i.e. Horses, cows, other livestock). If your group is a riding group using horses, please use the contact form and we'll work out the details for you.
- No items can be thrown to the crowds lining the street. Items can be given out during the parade, but the items must be physically handed to the people lining the street. This includes candy and literature.
- Participants will comply with all city, county, and state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Participants shall wear tasteful attire while participating in the parade. Please refrain from wearing G‐strings, Jock Straps, or any clothing that reveals too much. Briefs and boxer Briefs are acceptable. Remember, this is a family-friendly event.
- The Big Sky Pride Parade is for the entire community, so please remember there are children on the parade route. Please do not stop on the parade route. Please listen to all information and follow all directions of the volunteers during set‐up, and parade execution, and parade disassembly. The parade volunteers are there for your safety and security so please be respectful of them. Please keep a safe distance between your group and others, but not so far as to slow the progress of the parade.
- Please do not engage the hostile protestors. They may be there, but please respect their freedom of speech. If they are overly hostile, please notify local authorities, or the Big Sky Pride staff and volunteers.
- Billings Police Department is responsible for enforcing all applicable state law and local ordinances. Such Statues may include, but are not limited to public decency, alcohol, controlled substances, public safety, and standard vehicle insurance requirements.
- Cancellations / refund Policy: There are no refunds for cancelations or no shows at the parade start.
- All vehicles that are entered into the parade shall have valid registration and at a minimum, liability insurance for the vehicle. Big Sky Pride is not requiring proof of registration and insurance prior to the parade; however, we reserve the right to request at any time.
- Any floats / trailers being pulled by a vehicle shall also be properly registered.
- No persons may enter or exit the float once the float is in motion on the parade route
- Fire extinguishers must be on board each float.
- All sound systems must be self‐powered and must adhere to all city codes for amplification standards.
- All motorcycle riders MUST wear helmets
- Individuals operating vehicles within the parade must have valid driver’s license. Big Sky Pride is not requiring proof of driver’s licenses prior to the parade; however, we reserve the right to request it at the time.
- Individuals whom are driving in the parade shall be sober and will drive in a safe and prudent matter during the parade.
- Any Person operating a vehicle in the parade whether powered, self‐powered, or non‐powered does so at his or her own risk, bearing all liability for any and all damages or loss of personal property and / or any personal injuries sustained to themselves or other person(s). Vehicle operator hereby waives any and all claims and or defenses it may have against the Big Sky Pride Planning committee or any of its affiliates or sponsors of any kind or nature as a result of the his or her independent use of such vehicle.
Big Sky Pride, or its affiliates or sponsors, hereby absolves any liability arising from use of floats or vehicles in the Parade, or any activities in association with Big Sky Pride events. In accordance to City, State, and Federal Laws, no alcoholic beverages will be allowed during any portion of the parade event on June 17th, 2017. In addition, no person under the influence of alcohol or drugs shall be allowed to operate a motor vehicle during the Big Sky Pride parade. Big Sky Pride reserves the right to remove, including but not limited to, any person, motorized or un‐motorized vehicle, conveyance, float, or participant(s) for any activity deemed unsafe, violation of any rules contained herein, or action or inaction that may put people in harm. Big Sky Pride will do it’s best to accommodate all request for parade placement; however, parade placement of participants is at the sole discretion of Big Sky Pride.
Your registration is your acknowledgement that you have read and understand these rules and agree to abide by them. For more information, please feel free to contact us.